http://akaitodirection.com/ on How to Get Scholarships

Friday, October 3, 2014

'My album will be the best by 2015' – Jah Bless.

ADVERT
How did you start your music career?
My music career started from just amateur practice that later turned into a profession for me. I started with a group called The melodies in the early 2000. It was a group of three guys, myself, Akin Mamba and Jonnypee. But as with group issues, we later parted ways and I continued the journey as Jah Bless. Its already a decade and I’m still going strong. I play hip hop, and I can say I’m one of the very lucky talented ones in the game, because my style is so flexible that you can’t stick it to a particular genre, I flow to every song depending on the inspiration I get.

What was growing up like for you?
My growing up was fun. I’m actually born into a family of four and I’m the first child and growing up was all about school and church. I started singing from the church and became the choir master both in church and in school and at every point as I grew up, I have always been the star in the group.


Did you ever think you could become a musician someday?
Yes I knew, because as early as 6 or 7 years, I was already composing songs, writing lyrics in my school books and any day I fell sick and I wasn’t in school, the assembly was always boring. So, the whole school knew Bukunmi is absent, same thing happened in the church.

Tell us about your first time on stage.
I can’t even remember the first time because I grew up on stage. If I didn’t not perform in a church concert somewhere, I would perform in a school competition elsewhere, so I literally grew up on stage, but professional first time on stage was with my group The Melodies at the Rothman groove tour in 2001.

Tell us about your educational background.
I went to Tunyo Nursery and Primary School Papa Ajao Mushin Lagos, from there, I went to Ansar ud Deen College Isolo. Thereafter, I went to The Polytechnic Ibadan where I did my National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mass Communication.

How do you deal with disappointment?
Disappointment….hmmm, well every disappointment is a blessing, but I try as much to learn from it.

What inspired your latest singles, You Are The One and Owambe?
You Are The One is a song I wrote few years ago and I felt Banky W was a good choice on it. I called him and we did the song. The song was just about love and it came out great. And for Owanbe is a song talking about the beauty and cultural value of African women. In the video you see displaying of that beauty and cultural value of African women in Buba, Iro head-tie called Gele. It is a song where I was trying to show other part of the world the beauty in African women. The substance and what it stands for. In every owanbe party there is always a massive display of the beauty of Gele.

The song, You Are The One featured Banky W. How was the experience
while working with him?
Banky W is one of the best artiste I have ever worked with. The humility is awesome and he is a great guy.

Tell us about your albums
I have two albums, Rebirth and Overground and the third album will be release in September which is the I am Me album.

IaMMe album is a 15 tracks album and I believe is the best album in 2014/15. The project took me about a year to put together, and it was an awesome experience. The album features Olamide, Oritshefemi, Reminisce, Kiss Daniel, Kymzbeat and Awon Boyz….

Do you have any musical influences?
Yes I have musical influences from Bob Marley, King Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Alhaji Wasiu Ayinde K1, Damian Marley, Sizzler Kalonge and Wyclef Jean

Why did decide to go to America in the first place?
Basically, I just needed to spread out more to get my music across to other parts of the world, and my family also lives there. Now I am back. It’s time to explore what I have been working on.

Tell us about some setbacks you have had along the way?
I have never had any set back in my career, I love my life and enjoying it to the fullest.

What keeps you going?
The grace of God.

What else are you doing apart from music?
I have got other businesses that pay me better than music. I never did music for money. I do music for love, for passion. It gives me joy. I have being able to invest in good money made from music into other businesses. Basically entertainment and show business. It’s a broad channel.

What is your relationship with Nigerian artistes, like Olamide, Wizkid
and Davido?
They are my colleagues in the game.

Tell us about your relationship.
I am married with kids.

Where do see yourself in the next five years?
To own a multinational record company and planning to retire from music.

What is your next move?
IaMMe Album this September, just keep your fingers crossed and let the album drop.

PmNews!
ADVERT

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENT!!!
Your comment is important to us.
Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...