http://akaitodirection.com/ on How to Get Scholarships

Saturday, October 4, 2014

I’m No Longer Interested In The N25m Compensation – Popular Comedian Baba Suwe

ADVERT
In a chat with Saturday Beats, veteran actor, Baba Suwe, described the late Bamidele Aturu, as his saviour and helper whom God sent to rescue him in his time of need. Aturu was the lawyer that defended the comic actor when he was accused of smuggling cocaine.
He said, “I could not sign Aturu’s condolence register; it was my child that signed it. Aturu was my saviour, helper and Godsent. Aturu’s death is one of the most painful things to have happened to me.

“He was a very nice person; he was very passionate about me. When the incident happened, he came to meet me and asked me to tell him the truth if I was guilty or innocent and I told him the truth. He then assured me that he would defend me so that I would not go to jail and that’s what he did.”
Although the court vindicated the comic actor and asked that the sum of N25m be paid to him as a form of compensation by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, the humour merchant has yet to claim the money because of an appeal filed by the drug agency.

He however told Saturday Beats that he was no longer interested in the money but in a public apology.
“The NDLEA has wronged me and it is meant to find a way to make me happy. It is a slap on my face. I am not agitating for the money; I don’t need it to survive in life. All I want is an apology. If the government can tender an apology to me and publish it in newspapers, I will have peace of mind and be happy,” he said.
ADVERT

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENT!!!
Your comment is important to us.
Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...