http://akaitodirection.com/ on How to Get Scholarships

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ribadu – Why I’m Contesting Adamawa Guber By-Election

ADVERT
Former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial aspirant, Malam Nuhu Ribadu, yesterday said he was unperturbed about his pending application for waiver to vie for the party’s ticket in the forthcoming Adamawa State by-election. Ribadu, who spoke after submitting his nomination form at the national secretariat of the PDP in Abuja, said
“I am not worried about the waiver. I have followed the rules. I am a law and order person. I have done my own bit and I will wait for the party to do their own. That part is not my responsibility”. Continue...

The former cop, who was a presidential candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the 2007 general election, also spoke on why he dropped his perceived presidential ambition
“I am old for service, I don’t know anything in my life other than public service. And I am prepared to serve in any capacity. If you ask me to become a sweeper of any street in any part of Nigeria, I am prepared to do so”.
On claims that he ate his vomit by defecting to the PDP
No, I did not.

On why he left the All Progressives Congress, APC
today, I have submitted my forms to vie for the office of Adamawa because I am very passionate about my state.‎ I want to work towards addressing the challenges and difficulties facing people of Adamawa state and this is a very strong reason why I want to contest. I am in the forefront of finding solutions to our own problems”.

Ribadu, however, stated that questions over his political structure going into the election need not arise arguing that “I have been in politics in the last four years. And that is good enough. The same people of Adamawa will decide. Nobody will say I am a new person in politics. More so we are all same people. Adamawa is a homogeneous place. We know ourselves. We are more or less like a family”.

He however noted that his chances are bright noting “I will work hard. I will leave no stone unturned. I will go into all the town and villages ‎and meet as possible all the people of Adamawa and convince them that I am good for them”.
ADVERT

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENT!!!
Your comment is important to us.
Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...