http://akaitodirection.com/ on How to Get Scholarships

Friday, August 8, 2014

Breaking: Didier Drogba Retires From International Football

ADVERT
Chelsea FC striker Dider Drogba has announced his retirement from international football after 12 years of service with the Ivory Coast national team. The 36-year-old will no longer play for his country Ivory Coast but will continue to play for Chelsea. His statement:
"It is with much sadness that I have decided to retire from international football. These past 12 years in the national team have been full of emotions. From my first call up to my last match I have always tried to give my best for my country. I am very proud to have been captain of this team for 8 years and to have contributed to placing my country on the world stage of football taking part in 3 world cups and 2 African Cup of Nation finals. I cannot convey enough thanks to the fans for all the love & support during these years. All my goals, all my caps, all our victories are for you – I love you. I also owe much gratitude to my team mates – the players with whom I have shared all these emotions and I wish you all much success for the future & a very warm welcome to the new manager.” Continue...
He is the first and only African footballer so far to have won the prestigious Golden Foot in 2013 while playing for Galatasaray.

He scored a total of 157 goals in 342 appearances in his previous eight-year stay at Stamford Bridge and was voted Chelsea’s greatest ever player in a poll of fans in 2012.
ADVERT

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENT!!!
Your comment is important to us.
Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...