http://akaitodirection.com/ on How to Get Scholarships

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lagos driver's Wife Delivered Of Quadruplets In Lagos

ADVERT
 
Lagos driver Kehinde Tijani and his wife Grace celebrated Nigeria's 53rd independence anniversary with a big bang giving birth with a set of quadruplets at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (Luth). Mr Tijani, who is originally from Oyo State and his wife, who is a caterer, already have three sons and live in a tiny, rented one-room apartment in Okokomaiko. With the latest arrivals, they now have seven mouths to feed and Mr Tijani has already called out for help as the burden bestowed on him looks daunting. He expressed gratitude to God for the gift of children but said he is fearful of an uncertain future  due to the financial burden the births will bring. Caught unawares by the birth, which came about after his wife had medical treatment for suspected fibroids, the couple do not even have the N1m (£3,870) required to clear their medical bills.


Mr Tijani said: “I need help as I am a driver and my monthly salary is so meagre I can hardly feed three children, not to talk of seven. I want the government and other people, who can, to come to my aid as I don’t have money, I don’t have a house and I need about N1m (£3,870) to take care of the medical bills of the children and their mother.

“My wife had two caesarean sections and since the birth of the babies last week, they have been in an incubator. Also, with the arrival of the quadruplets, we need better accommodation for the children.”

Grace added: “When I discovered that I wasn’t feeling too well, I went to a private hospital, where they asked me to undergo scan. After the scan, they told me that I had fibroid and then I came to Luth and after several tests and a scan, it was revealed that I was pregnant with five babies.

“On hearing the news, I got really scared and depressed because of our hard condition. Later, I had a partial miscarriage of one of the foetus because of the fear and depression and have been in the hospital since July."

Mrs Tijani, who added that her husband only earns N30,000 (£116) a month,  said she has no history of multiple births in her family. For now all the babies are in a sound medical condition and stable.

“How can I take care of four babies at the same time? Please help us. The babies, three girls and a boy, have been placed in the incubator.

“The first baby girl weighed about 1.65kg, the second girl 1.50kg, third girl 1.6Kg. The only boy tipped the scales at 1.45kg,” Mrs Tijani added.

ADVERT

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENT!!!
Your comment is important to us.
Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...